- PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
2.2 Grounds and purposes of the processing
The collection and processing of personal data is always based on legislation, customer or service agreement or relationship, our legitimate interest or your consent as the data subject. We are happy to clarify which ground is applied in your case and situation.
We may process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Customer support– We may use your personal data to communicate with you regarding customer support. If your calls to our customer service team will be recorded, you will be informed of such recording beforehand.
- Marketing– We may process your personal data for marketing, promotion and public relations. This may include contacting you to inform of new products or services when we have your consent or it is otherwise allowed, e.g. when it is communications to business e-mail address and we have legitimate interest to communicate with you.
- Performance of our contract– We may process your personal data to perform under a contract between you or your company and us. Further, we maintain records of your purchases or sales, payment and delivery details, agreements between your company and us, and your communications and other interactions with us. Please note that all such transactions and interactions may be in the name of the company you represent but include your name or other personal data, such as your e-mail and telephone number.
- Preventing unlawful activities and legal processes– We may process your personal data for the purposes of detecting, investigating and preventing unlawful activities and defending our interests, for example, in legal proceedings
2.3 Collected data and retention
The collected data includes the personal data you have submitted to us (such as your contact details). We retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes specified above, unless applicable law stipulates a longer retention period. In particular, we may retain your personal data for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
2.4 Access to your personal data and disclosure
Your personal data is accessed by our employees who need to process your personal data for the purposes specified above. We may disclose your personal data as follows:
- To our group companies and subcontractors– We may disclose your personal data to our group companies and our subcontractors processing personal data on our behalf for the purposes specified above. Such subcontractors may include companies that facilitate your orders, delivery companies, and companies that analyze and manage marketing for us. The disclosures may include using resources and servers located outside the EU/EEA. If your personal data is disclosed outside the EU/EEA, we will ensure that any such disclosure is compliant with applicable laws (including by using the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses).
- Authorities– We may be required to disclose your personal data to authorities under applicable laws or to respond to legal proceedings.
- Mergers and acquisitions– In the event of any sale, consolidation or reorganization of our businesses (for example mergers and acquisitions), we may disclose your personal data to prospective or actual buyers or their advisers, where appropriate.
2.5 Your rights
You have the right to inspect what information related to you has been stored in our personal data files. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated according to the applicable laws. You have right to object to our data processing or to restrict that as well as to have your personal data transferred to another system as provided in the applicable laws.
You have a right to unsubscribe from our direct marketing messages, withdraw any consent that you have made and to request that we stop processing your personal data e.g. for direct marketing purposes. To be able to honour your request we need to store information on your preference in our data base.
You are entitled to lodge a complaint on our personal data processing with competent data protection authority in the EU Member State of your residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of applicable laws.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us in accordance with section 2.1 above. If you would like to lodge a complaint, the relevant authority in Finland is the Data Protection Ombudsman (www.tietosuoja.fi).
- WEBSITE ANALYTICS AND COOKIES ON OUR WEB SITE
- REASONABLE SECURITY SAFEGUARDS ARE BEING USED
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will use appropriate technical and organizational means to secure the personal data from inappropriate access, accidental or unlawful destruction, amendment, distribution and transfer of personal data as well as from other unlawful processing.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Latest amendments have been made on 11 May 2021.